Friday 24 August 2012

Why and how to use #Mendeley to create a #research library

Four days ago I came across this wonderful post from Patrick Dunleavy on why he choose Mendeley to become his personal research library organizer. He gives a good account on how he uses it, but what I was missing in the post was a comprehensible quick userguide, introducing the Mendeley features.

Luckily my esteemed and warm-hearted colleague Prashanth Srinavas just finalized a presentation right on the subject. So I gladly share his presentation that takes a look at
  • what Mendeley is
  • How to add papers 
  • the web importer
  • document details
  • managing your documents and references
  • full text search
  • citing and sharing references
  • creating your professional research profile...

It is a great way to get up to speed with Mendeley in a minimum of time.The thing I like about Mendeley is that they finally got onto Android as well last year. This made all the difference for me.

Here is his Prashanth's presentation.


No comments:

Post a Comment